VAWA Eligibility

The Violence Against Women Act (VAWA) allows spouses and children of United States citizens or lawful permanent residents to self-petition for permanent resident status, without the abuser’s help or knowledge.
To self-petition for permanent residency under VAWA, an individual must:

Show that s/he lived with a United States citizen or lawful permanent resident spouse;

Show that s/he was battered or subjected to extreme cruelty during the marriage;

Show that s/he entered the marriage in good faith;

Show s/he is otherwise qualified for admission; and
Show that s/he has good moral character.

For more information about these services, please schedule a consultation at 978-905- 9992.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *