USCIS Contact Tips

Notify USCIS for any changes

You should notify USCIS for any changes in your pending case for the following reasons:

You have moved and want to update your address.

You filed a Form I-130, Petition for Alien Relative, as a permanent resident, and then became a U.S. citizen

You have a pending Petition for a Nonimmigrant Worker, and you need to change the names of persons you included on the petition or the consulates or ports of entry where the individuals will apply for their visa or entry

You need to reschedule a scheduled interview.

Notify USCIS for any errors

You should notify USCIS for any errors in your pending case for the following reasons:

You found an error in the information on the last notice sent to you;

You found an error on a document issued to you. This will require an application to replace the document.

Notify USCIS for any case processing questions

You mailed your application or petition more than 30 days ago to a Service Center, and have not yet received a receipt in the mail;

You did not receive further notices and you have a receipt number but “My Case Status” states that USCIS sent you a notice more than 14 days ago;

You submitted original documents with your case and you want to request documents be returned to you while your case is pending.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *