In hiring an H-1B employee, an employer must comply with the following:
- The employer must give the worker a copy of the LCA.
- The employer must pay the worker at least the same wage rate as paid to other employees with similar experience and qualifications or the local prevailing wage for the occupation in the area of employment, whichever is higher.
- The employer must pay for non-productive time caused by the employer or by the worker’s lack of a license or permit.
- The employer must offer the worker fringe benefits on the same basis as its other employees.
- The employer may not require the worker to pay a penalty for leaving employment prior to any agreed date.
If an employer is not complying with these or various other requirements, we can assist you obtain the appropriate relief.
For more information about these services, please schedule a consultation at 978-905-9992.
*Translation Services Available
**Proudly serving the LGBT community