The Violence Against Women Act (VAWA) allows spouses and children of United States citizens or lawful permanent residents to self-petition for permanent resident status, without the abuser’s help or knowledge.
To self-petition for permanent residency under VAWA, an individual must:
- Show that s/he lived with a United States citizen or lawful permanent resident spouse;
- Show that s/he was battered or subjected to extreme cruelty during the marriage;
- Show that s/he entered the marriage in good faith;
- Show s/he is otherwise qualified for admission; and
- Show that s/he has good moral character.
For more information about these services, please schedule a consultation at 978-905- 9992.
*Translation Services Available
**Proudly serving the LGBT community